Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And so it begins...

It's official. Today I turned in notice at my job. Everyone here knew it was coming, but it was still a strange (and slightly sad) thing to do. I've been working in the same place for almost 9 years and I will miss everyone a lot. A LOT. But they're all so excited for me as I get ready for this new adventure. I could not have asked for a better group of co-workers and true friends.

And so it begins...

In about a month and a half I will be moving to the Philippines. Moving to the Philippines. It doesn't seem quite real (although the stacks of boxes in my soon-to-be-vacated apartment say differently). I've been thinking about joining the Peace Corps since college (a very long time ago, my friends) and now I'm finally doing it.

And I'm finally starting a blog about it. So sorry all you Facebook fans (Miss T. and Mr. LaB. heading the list), but you're just going to have to check in here from time to time if you want to see whether or not I'm still alive.

3 comments:

C-BLOG said...

What a cool and creative name for your blog!! I know that all of your family, friends, and co-workers are going to miss you so much but I doubt if any of them will be as lost as me without you... We have had some wonderful adventures (Thailand) and wacky times (Waffle House) but I am going miss just having you around most of all. The conversations, the jokes and teasing each other, as well as the sharing of our joys and frustrations are the simple moments that blogs, e-mails, and even Skype won't be able to replicate. You have been my best friend for the past 3 years and not only did you routinely put up with my numerous annoying habits (smoking, messing up your rugs, supporting Obama) but you have made me such a better person. I am so proud of you for volunteering and so happy that you are getting to fulfill a life long dream. I can't wait to visit you and I know that I will think about you everyday that you are gone... Love you, Hillipines!! SP

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hillary -
I know how long you have waited for this moment. You are loved and will be missed! Hope to come see you! Your cuz - Margaret

Unknown said...

Hmm, maybe there's a way to read The Hillipines through facebook... hmmmmmmm... ok ok, I'll religiously read your blog and if you fail to post for more than one week, I will fly one of my attack helicopters east and save you! - Johnny